The Dallas Stars and the Ottawa Senators are two of the best teams in the NHL. They have both played very well this season and are currently leading their respective divisions. These two teams will meet in the first round of the playoffs. The Stars are the favorites to win this series, but the Senators should not be counted out. This should be a very close and exciting series.
1. How the Dallas Stars and Ottawa Senators match up
The Ottawa Senators are coming into their first-round playoff matchup against the Dallas Stars as underdogs. The Stars finished 2nd in the Central Division while Ottawa squeaked into 3rd place in the Atlantic Division with only 98 points. Despite this, Ottawa actually has a few advantages over Dallas that could help them win this series.
- First, while both teams have strong goaltending, Craig Anderson of Ottawa has been particularly hot as of late. If Anderson can continue to play at this high level, it will give Ottawa a big boost against a Dallas team that relies heavily on scoring goals to win games.
- Secondly, another area where Ottawa has an edge is on special teams play – both powerplay and penalty kill percentages are higher for the Senators than for Dallas. This could be crucial in close games where one goal could make all the difference between winning and losing.
- Finally, even though they are not scoring at quite as high clip lately Ottawas forwards have still managed to rack up some serious points – led by Mark Stone who had 64 points in 71 games played this season.
2. The Dallas Stars take on the Ottawa Senators tonight in what promises to be an exciting matchup.
The Dallas Stars take on the Ottawa Senators tonight in what promises to be an exciting matchup. The Senators are coming off a big win against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and they’ll be looking to continue their winning ways against the Stars. Dallas is always a tough opponent, but the Senators are confident they can come out on top in this one. This will be a close game, but ultimately the Senators will prevail by a score of 4-2 over the Stars tonight.
3. Can the Stars continue their winning ways against a tough Senators team?
The Senators are a tough team, but the Stars have shown they can compete against anyone. The Senators will be a test, but the Stars have the talent to come out on top.
4. How will the goaltending matchup play out between Kari Lehtonen and Craig Anderson?
In the goaltending matchup between Kari Lehtonen and Craig Anderson, both goalies are coming off of strong seasons. Anderson had a .931 save percentage in 2016-2017 while Lehtonen posted a .924 save percentage. In their career numbers, Anderson has a .921 save percentage and Lehtonen has a .919 save percentage. This matchup could go either way, but both goalies will need to be sharp if their team wants to win.
5. Who will step up for the Stars offensively against a stingy Senators defense?
The Stars’ offense will need to be firing on all cylinders if they want to break through the Senators’ defense. Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn will need to lead the way, but they’ll need help from their teammates if they want to score enough goals to win.