The Vancouver Canucks will be looking to get back in the win column as they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets. This will be the first meeting between these two teams this season.
The Vancouver Canucks will take on the Columbus Blue Jackets in an NHL matchup. This should be a great game to watch as both teams are evenly matched. The Canucks are coming off a big win against the Chicago Blackhawks, while the Blue Jackets have been one of the hottest teams in the league lately. This should be a close and exciting game from start to finish.
1. A preview of the Vancouver Canucks upcoming game against the Columbus Blue Jackets
The Vancouver Canucks are set to take on the Columbus Blue Jackets in an upcoming game. The Canucks are coming into the game with a strong record, while the Blue Jackets have been struggling as of late. However, the Blue Jackets have shown they can compete with some of the best teams in the league and will be looking to give the Canucks a run for their money. This should be an exciting and closely contested game between two evenly matched teams.
2. A recap of the Vancouver Canucks last game against the Columbus Blue Jackets
After a disappointing loss to the Blue Jackets in the shootout, the Vancouver Canucks will look to rebound as they take on the Dallas Stars. Roberto Luongo was solid in net, stopping 28 of 30 shots, but it wasn’t enough as Sergei Bobrovsky shut out the Canucks in the shootout. The Blue Jackets got goals from Boone Jenner and Jack Johnson, while Luongo stopped Artem Anisimov and Nick Foligno in the shootout. The Canucks got goals from Chris Higgins and Ryan Kesler, but it w asn’t enough as they fell to 2-1 on their road trip.
3. Key players to watch in the Vancouver Canucks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets game
- Tyler Toffoli: The 27-year-old forward is in his first season with the Canucks and has been a key contributor, leading the team in goals (24) and points (52).
- J.T. Miller: Acquired from Tampa Bay at the trade deadline, Miller has settled in nicely on Vancouver’s second line and has recorded 15 points (7G, 8A) in 20 games with his new club.
- Elias Pettersson: The reigning Calder Trophy winner has had another strong campaign, tallying 66 points (28G, 38A) in 70 games while continuing to dazzle with his highlight-reel goals and passes.
4. Things to know about the Vancouver Canucks before their game against the Columbus Blue Jackets
- The Vancouver Canucks are a professional ice hockey team based in Vancouver, British Columbia. They are members of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
- The Canucks play their home games at Rogers Arena, formerly known as General Motors Place, which has a capacity of 18,910.
- The franchise was founded in 1970 as an expansion team and has won six Stanley Cup championships: three in the NHL era (1982, 1994, 2011) and one each in the pre-NHL era (1915) and post-lockout era (2021).
- Overall, they have appeared in ten Stanley Cup Finals; their most recent appearance came in 2021 where they defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning to win their fourth championship overall and first since 2011.
- As well as being one of only two Canadian teams to have won multiple Stanley Cups since 1915 – along with Montreal – Vancouver is also one of only four active NHL teams to have never lost a Game 7 in franchise history; they’re joined by Anaheim (2003), Chicago (2015), and Pittsburgh (2016 & 2020).