The Blue Jackets and the Hurricanes are two teams in the Metropolitan Division of the NHL. The Blue Jackets are currently in 3rd place in the division, while the Hurricanes are in 5th place. These two teams will face each other on February 22nd, 2020.
1. Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes: A Battle of Two Struggling Teams
The Columbus Blue Jackets and the Carolina Hurricanes are two teams that have been struggling as of late. The Blue Jackets have lost four out of their last five games, while the Hurricanes have lost three out of their last four. Both teams are in need of a win, and tonight’s game will be a battle between two hungry teams.
The Blue Jackets will be looking to get back on track after a disappointing loss to the New York Rangers on Saturday night. They’ll be leaning heavily on their top line of Brandon Dubinsky, Cam Atkinson, and Nick Foligno, who have combined for 17 points in the month of December. The Hurricanes will counter with their own top line of Sebastian Aho, Teuvo Teravainen, and Elias Lindholm, who have combined for 15 points in December.
Both teams are struggling defensively, so tonight’s game could turn into a high-scoring affair. The Blue Jackets will need to tighten up in their own end if they want to come away with the victory.
2. Who Will Win the Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes Game?
The Blue Jackets will win the game against the Hurricanes. They have a strong team and are looking to get back on track after a tough loss to the Bruins. The Hurricanes are struggling this season and don’t have the same firepower as the Blue Jackets. Look for Columbus to come out victorious in this one.
3. What to Watch For in the Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes Game
After a disappointing loss to the Florida Panthers, the Blue Jackets will look to get back on track against the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes are coming off a win against the New York Rangers, but they have struggled recently, losing four of their last six games.
The Blue Jackets need to be wary of Carolina’s top line of Sebastian Aho, Teuvo Teravainen, and Andrei Svechnikov. This trio has combined for 16 points in their last six games and they will be looking to keep that hot streak going. Columbus will also need to keep an eye on defenseman Dougie Hamilton, who has been a force on both ends of the ice lately. He has four goals and two assists in his last six games and is always a threat when he is on the ice.
If the Blue Jackets want to come away with a win in this game, they need to play smart and disciplined hockey. They can’t afford to take too many penalties or give up too many odd-man rushes. If they can stay out of trouble and get some timely scoring from their own top players, they should come away with a victory in this one.
4. Keys to Victory for the Blue Jackets in Their Matchup Against the Hurricanes
- The Blue Jackets need to exploit the Hurricanes’ defense and goalie.
- The Blue Jackets also need to generate more offense, as they have been struggling to score goals lately.
- They need to be better on the power play and take advantage of their opportunities.
- Finally, the Blue Jackets must play a complete game and avoid making costly mistakes if they want to come out on top against the Hurricanes.
5. X-Factors That Could Decide the Outcome of the Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes Game
- The Blue Jackets’ high-octane offense vs. the Hurricanes’ stingy defense: The Blue Jackets have scored 3+ goals in eight of their last nine games, while the Hurricanes have allowed 2 or fewer goals in eight of their last nine games.
- Sergei Bobrovsky vs. Petr Mrazek: These two netminders have been playing at the top of their game lately, and whichever one can steal a win for his team could be the difference-maker in this series.
- The Blue Jackets’ power play vs. the Hurricanes’ penalty kill: Both teams have been proficient on special teams this season, but the Blue Jackets have had slightly more success on the power play (19th in NHL) than the Hurricanes (22nd).
- Home ice advantage: The first two games of this series will be played at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, which could give the Blue Jackets a boost as they look to take an early lead in the series.
- Intangibles: This is sure to be a close and hotly contested series, so any little thing could end up being decisive; from a big hit or save to simply maintaining composure under pressure, anything could make all the difference come playoff time.